Friday, July 3, 2020

"Over every mountain there is a path, though it may not be seen from the valley."

I started the process of removing the pan but wound up stopping short of completing the task - I had a work emergency that had to be addressed and it took up a large part of my day because of a difficult customer.  Each of the three times I attempted to get back into working on the car, my work phone rang and I had to stop.  When the third call came at 7pm, I threw in the towel and gave up for the day.  If I hadn't spent so much time on the phone and going to my office - I'd have removed the pan and probably opened up half of the pan holes.

I figured out how to use two 'normal' jack stands and use those two giant jack stands that I bought - using hockey pucks to act as a buffer - to support the body while allowing the pan to drop down from underneath.  The car is at a good height but not as stable as I'd like because of the way the large stands are made.  It'll be fine for what I need.

I bought two new furniture dollies for the pan so I can slide it out without dragging it on the ground.
The transmission made it back to California - now it's just a waiting game to get it done and sent back to me.  I'm on the fence about sending the brake parts out for coating - simply due to the cost - I have to figure out what I'm going to do fairly soon because of how long it takes to get the work done.  My new target is to get the car back together by September - if I do something every week, that should be plenty of time...unless my new job takes over my free time.

The revised oil thermostat bracket should be coming to a close in the next several weeks.  It'll be nice to get that resolved and maybe figure out where to put that oil cooler.  I've got to cross some items off of my 'to do' list on the car and get closer to a driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment