Sunday, April 13, 2014

The first 24 hours

Push button assembly.  It's supposed to be in perfect working order.  I don't know for sure since I've yet to test it.
The under dash area.  Everything looks to be in order.  An extra wire clip stuck to the hose cover piece, the steering wheel/column needs minor adjustment.  Ashtray handle is from a 67.
Right side hinge area.  Hinges are solid but need lubrication.  Carpet is very worn.  Front seats are covered in black leatherette.  The correct color is Grey Cord Leatherette-which I will likely get from SMS when I'm about a year away from needing it.
Passenger side door and panels.  Interior is in great shape.  Exterior has a few minor dents/dings.  Window scrapers are pretty well gone.
Driver's side door.  Grey arm rest is torn up pretty good.  The car came with a replacement piece (I haven't looked at it yet).  Window crank is shot.  I'll be installing 66 window cranks-they're a much better design-and keep my NOS handles for later use.
Perfect, uncracked, unfucked with wrap dash.  They're a bitch to clean completely but it'll look super nice when it's clean.

The rubber floor mat has lots of wear marks and is tearing in a few places from age.  I'm going to do my best to keep it together as long as possible.
Front trunk area is super clean.  The apron took a few hits  but I'm pretty sure they can be pushed back out without much work.

Front clip, otherwise, is clean and accident free.   Side panels are good, bumper brackets are clean.  Wiring is intact and clean (not hacked).
Another view of the front trunk area.  Very nice.  Very clean.

Front foot well area.  A few small tears in the rubber mat near the pedal assembly and around the seat tracks.

The Z arm pedal assembly is coming out on Friday.  I dug out the PedalWerks assembly that was rebuilt last year.  So shiny and smooth.  I also have the flat pedal/delrin ball set up from CMA.  It'll be a lot smoother.  Also going to check the shift rod bushings to see if I can work out the hard shift into 2nd.
A car is made up of thousands of pieces-fit together to create a mechanical beast, yet this is the first thing I looked at when the car came off the truck.  The wrap dash.

I'm happy that my search for one is over.

I will eventually find one for the N model...a little easier, I hope.
The rear cargo area.  Standard fare for a 50 year old car.  I was a little bummed to see that the hook for the hatch is I'll have to find one.  I thought I had one but I do not.

Something new for the list.
The engine.  It's a 1600 that looks just like a 1500 S.  ZV/JCU 4R3 distributor, correct fuel pump, bolt top fan shroud, etc.  The only thing I've noticed that's not correct is the exhaust/muffler.

The engine bay is super clean and rust free.

I've found the replacement tube for the heater pipe under the back seat (it's missing) and a replacement piece for the front tube as well as a NOS trim piece for the pushbutton assembly  I tracked down the correct early elbows, straps and clamps and connection pieces for the elbows.  I have also found the spring that goes on the breather hose.  I'm working on finding the correct spark plug wires.

No comments:

Post a Comment