Saturday, November 22, 2014

Today's accomplishments were yesterday's impossibilities.

 Pulled the EMPI ball joint wide 5 disc kit today.  It didn't take as long as I'd anticipated-partly because I expected the worst and it went very smoothly.  This is the left side.

I forgot to pull a shock bolt before I pulled the spindle but it's good now.
 Passenger's side.  All in all, very clean and an easy job to pull them off.

I've got a little work before I can replace the front spindles and brakes but with the car up in the air, I've got reason to get it done.
 Pulling the front brakes turned out to be a good thing:  The only parts I hadn't yet replaced were the ball joints.  Three of the four were very wobbly and had torn boots.

Excellent time to replace them.

Also found a very slight leak in the brake master cylinder-which might be part of the problem with bleeding them.  I think I'm going to pull it and have it rebuilt so that it's checked off.
The EMPI kit pulled, drained of fluid, cleaned and ready for packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment