I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy
The box from France arrived and the only reason I knew it was here was due to the seller sharing the information. The USPS in Georgia is, so far, mediocre. I wound up driving across town to retrieve the box because the letter carrier couldn't be bothered to deliver it to my house. All of the parts look just like they do in the pictures posted by the seller. A nice treat was looking at the side markers and realizing they're 'sided' - there's a left and a right lens.
I sold my NOS set of reflector seals to a guy in Australia - he might try to reproduce them. Or he might just say 'screw it' and put them on his car. I don't have a car that uses them so I sold them.
I shipped this speaker wire and connector to a Type 3 owner up in Canada after posting about it on Facebook. I was going to just chuck the whole thing in the trash (see the following photo) but decided to ask if anyone wanted parts off of it.
This is, more or less, what the radio looks like. I managed to get the rear mount and the faceplate off of it - the rest of it is toast but another Type 3 owner has asked for me to ship it to him so it's going to California tomorrow.
This is the braided stainless brake line that was made for the front calipers to eliminate the adapter on the left end of the rubber hose.
The rear braided stainless hose to replace the stock rubber hose.
The braided stainless hose to replace the two pieces of hose/line that came in the CSP kit.
Unfortunately, I'm shit with measurements and the hose is about an inch too short! So I will have to go next week and have two more hoses made that are longer. I hope they have the fittings in stock this time and it's a 'one visit' situation.
This shows the routing of the hose from the banjo fitting on the caliper to the stock connection point. Using this braided hose eliminates a connection point and a bracket.
Here's a slightly better view of hose routing and how I just missed getting the length correct.
I got sidetracked in my frustration with the brake lines and pulled the pedal assembly. I anticipated needing to pull it to install the new master cylinder but, once again, got distracted with other things to address.
I used the heim link clutch cable and it 'hangs' on something in the tunnel so I pulled the whole thing with the intent of replacing the heim link system with another clutch cable lever that shouldn't hang up on anything in the tunnel.
Another distraction - I pulled the fuel tank so that I can properly orient the steering wheel and do the alignment...and since the tank is out, it'll be easier to connect all of the brake lines.
Now I just have to find enough time to get all of these 'little' tasks done...