Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity

 In a roundabout way - I got the car on 4 tires today.  I put everything together so that I could figure out if the spring plates are indexed properly.

It's a minor victory but it was nice to see that I managed a win today.

Additionally, I realized where I fucked up my rear caliper installation and have made a couple of changes to prevent it from happening again.

This is, eh...the 2nd time the car has been out of the garage since we bought the house a few years ago.  

Engine dude showed up right after I took this picture and confirmed the oil cooler was leaking - handed me another one and went on his way.  I didn't do a lot with the engine today because I was focused on figuring out the suspension situation.  The fan shroud is back on and the pulley is back on - I should be able to get the rest of it put back together tomorrow.  I'm also going to attempt to get the fuel tank situated and the fuel pump installed and wired up to the safety relay.

The car is back on jack stands with the rear end pulled out in preparation for the drilling out of the chewed up spring plate cover mounting holes.  The nuts will only go on with the subframe out (one major downside) but I've got a few other things to get done first - like have the correct spring plates zinc plated.  Once they're done, I will swap them out with the set on the car (they're rusting) and put it back together one time.  Brake lines are about all that's left on the list of things to do on the rear end.  I've got the few front end things to do and finish up the wiring.  In spite of appearances - I'm making some progress.  I won't be done before the end of the week though.  There are a few things I can do while I wait for the spring plates (like the entire front end and the wiring).

No comments:

Post a Comment