I found a stash of 40 NOS door bolts yesterday after cross referencing the partial part number with the book...so those will be arriving in about a week or two.
I haven't spent much time on the car - most of my time has been spent working on the yard planting things for the season - but I'm looking forward to getting a few hours together to see how well I can lean out the carbs and have a listen to my valve adjustment results. I need to get a timing light so I can do the final tweaks to the timing and get the car set 'just right'. It's real close but I want it to be right.
The other parts I was waiting for have arrived so I can put the horn bar back in the car, fit a new horn...pull the fuel tank while it's low (bought a new, larger gas can) and adjust the play out of the steering box (or swap it out if that doesn't happen). I think that once those two things are done, the car will be drive-able for more than just around the subdivision. I should swap out the driver's side pop out window with the slightly better condition frame with seal to prevent any water leaks...but I'm kind of avoiding it for now. I wasn't able to get any of the other sets apart successfully so I'll probably just pull the glass and scrap the frames. I'm not going to spend the time drilling out the tiny screws for frames I don't need.
I've got plans to pick up the pan for Ferris on Monday - so there's likely to be more action on that side for the next week or two. Two cars to work on but barely time for one.
Post a Comment