Saturday, July 16, 2016
A post about parts - no progress on the car
I think this is a clear sign that I'm running out of stuff to buy for these two cars - critical max is being reached and I've got to carve some time out to actually start working on them soon.
I was out of town for most of the week so I didn't get to work on the car. I think I'm going to pull the Koln column out of the car and replace it with the SWF column so the turn indicators will work properly. At this point, I should probably also do the modification to the turn indicator lights in the dash (since I'll probably have half of it torn apart anyway) and, possibly, test the tach to see if I really did fry it last year by not hooking it up properly the first time around (no ground). If it's fried, I'll send it out to be repaired. It'd be nice to have something to fill that hole in the dash.
Not sure yet what I'm going to do about the wandering in the steering...I could replace all of the tie rod ends with new parts (some are old/NOS ends) and attempt to straighten the steering wheel at the same time, which could make it better or worse. I'd like to get the horn fixed so I can put the steering wheel button back in and close up the interior a bit better so I can drive the car more often than once every couple of weeks.