I pulled the oil filter thermostat from the bracket, opened up and assembled the drill press I bought several months ago and drilled two holes in the top section to mount the JayCee unit (shown to the left). I don't have the right clamps for the drill press so the two holes are not even but the general premise is that with a very slight modification, I can use this bracket to mount an oil filter. I was able to re-use one of the existing hoses - I measured and ordered the second hose. I'm going to work on getting this part right before I distract myself with the oil cooler. I ordered up some modified versions of this bracket to test out as well as button head bolts to get a little more space between the bracket and the tin. And I ordered a welded fan from Gene Berg. Once everything arrives I've got enough to keep me busy for a while without the engine.
Need to follow up with the parking cable dude to see what's going on with him - I thought I'd have them by now.
The engine builder has a few delays in his schedule - I will deliver the engine right around Christmas and it'll be done by the end of January. Plenty of time to get other stuff done as long as I don't get frozen out of the garage. Plenty of time to figure out some of my wiring issues. I'll keep moving forward as long as I can.
Post a Comment