Looks like I'm nearly back in business, yeah? Well, the truth is much less 'real' - the right rear trailing arm is not installed, yet. I built the trailing arms for both sides, installed the left side and as I was installing the right side, two of the bolts for the cover plate went on just fine until about halfway and then I felt a 'pop' and half the threads and the bolt came out of the hole.
Here are the offending bolts - so close. I ordered a time-sert kit so I can, hopefully, fix the trashed threads and continue working on getting the car back together. I have a pedal stop to get painted tomorrow and then I can install the pedal assembly. I'll move on to the gauges and dash bits soon. I'm going to keep moving forward on other things until I can resolve the stripped threads.
I have some wiring to connect and an oil change to complete - put gear oil in the transmission, get oil filter lines, etc. Still marching forward.
The company that made the parking brake cables has been contacted about making up a set for IRS - I should be able to get a trial piece to check for fit in the next two weeks. Parking brakes would be a big next step.
Post a Comment