Thursday, May 4, 2017

Precursor to progress

I did a bit more cleaning today and came across the brake lines I thought were lost - the movers wrapped them up with the door panels.  One mystery solved!

I spent a lot of time today getting parts logically organized in the cabinets - I'm getting more parts into a smaller area with greater organization.  I should be able to start recording the locations next week.

Speaking of next week, I'll be receiving the 'test' cable from the cable shop next week (it's shipping on Monday), along with parts I ordered from West Coast Metric and ISP.

I didn't get any time to get the car out of the garage and turn it over - it was raining most of the day so I spent the extra time organizing the cabinets.  I'll be out of town at a VW show on Saturday so early next week seems to be when I'll get back to the car.  The next couple of weeks will be active with regard to the car...hopefully, I can wrap some things up!
Put my new cleaner to work today - the bottom one was the first pass at cleaning.  The top one is the 'before'.

I think the cleaner did a nice job.

I pulled the other door panels out and cleaned them off as well.  Turns out, I have two passenger side door panel sets and one driver's side door panel set.  Three sets of rear cargo area side panels, one hatch panel (broken) and the little strip off of a back seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment