I received an email mid-morning telling me that the powder coat job was complete. I ran a couple of errands and headed up to the shop (it's 35 minutes away). Chatted with the owner for a few minutes, paid and put the parts in the car.
In spite of the communication issues and slightly longer than communicated turn around - the parts look good. And the price was reasonable.
Put the subframe outside and blew out the extra sand that was inside. I'm sure there's a little left inside but most of it is now out.
I'd really like to find a nice one for the restoration process later down the road but I'll cross that bridge later. For now, I'm focused on getting the torsion bars and spring plates back on this thing in preparation for the engine and transmission.
Dropped the starter off at a local shop - it took them 20 minutes to get to it and install the pinion gear. Well worth what it cost to have them do it because it's one less thing to get done. I was able to drop it off and swing back an hour later and pick it up while I was out doing other things.
On the way home, I stopped and picked up a couple of flasher relays and some wire from the FLAPS. The relays are for the 4 way flasher project and the wire is for the tach install.
Tomorrow, I'm hoping to have some time to continue cleaning the underside of the car - more preparation work for the engine/trans install.
Post a Comment