Yesterday, I attempted to improve my carburetor adjustments by leaning them out slightly using the information from Aircooled.net. I was initially successful but that went to shit real fast when I leaned them out and the car decided it didn't want to start. I ran out of time so I pushed the car into the garage for the day.
Today, I put the carbs back to what I remembered for their idle mixture settings and the car roughly started up and I did some fine tuning from there by ear to smooth it out a tad. The carbs are no longer in sync but the car runs fine. I dug around the 'net a bit and found an article by RedlineWeber that talks about how to set up 40 IDFs, sync them and lean them out so I'm going to try that one tomorrow. The 'end goal' here is to make them better, not worse...I am learning how to tune them so all isn't lost. There's a lot of trial and error involved.
I cleaned the door panels in preparation for replacement in the car tomorrow. It's time to start wrapping up these projects because the car could ship as early as Monday of next week - which means it needs to be 'ready' by Friday night since weekends are reserved for my 4 year old. I should be able to get the door panels cleaned and installed early tomorrow and then I'll have time to see if I can both sync and tune the carburetors.
Additionally, I found a nice parts stash that I may or may not buy for my collection. It'll simply prod me to sell off more of the stuff I don't need to make space for the new parts.
The second round of parts is due on Friday - then I can work on determining what to keep and what to sell.
Post a Comment