Sunday, August 15, 2021

...and now, for a little progress

The car fired right up.  There's a minor oil leak at the rocker cover on the right side, the engine needs to be tuned slightly and the heat shield for the exhaust is rubbing on the body.  A few small tweaks and things will be nicely dialed in.

I noticed at some point today that the seal between the pulley shroud and the fan shroud was not installed - shit time to realize it given the complexity of the exhaust installation process.  But given the rubbing of the heat shield, I can potentially fix three things at once.

I got the horn and front trunk liner installed so the front end looks correct.  The hood latch has decided to stop working so I have to figure that out before I can drive the car but it should be a simple fix.  
Got the kid to help me out for a few minutes - he installed the rear engine stabilizer mount.  Waiting around for the next task was too boring for him so he moved on to the next thing.

I started working on getting the spring plates installed but hit a snag - the plating on the spring plates is too thick and they now do not work with the brass bushings on the cover plates.  I have to come up with some sort of solution so that I can keep moving forward.  I can't use an abrasive or a hone so I have to think of another solution.

I might install a trailing arm and figure out the brake lines while I figure out a solution for the spring plates.  I can also finish working on the 'under the fender' things so that I can get the rear fenders back on the car and get the bumper back on the car.  I've also got the rear seat that can go back in the car.  Plenty of opportunities to keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment