I cleaned off the shelf with baking soda and water, then Dawn - wiped down the inside of the cabinet (two cans of wasp killer had expelled their contents as a result of the acid eating the bottom of the cans) and cleaned the rest of the cans and let them sit in a shallow pan of baking soda in water. The shelf in the photo was in good shape - just a little dirty - now a large part of it is missing paint so I've got to address this at some point as well.
It's all currently drying on the floor of the garage. I didn't get as much done as I'd hoped...tomorrow is another day.
I'm going to drop off the brake line at the hose shop, run some errands and hope to get back to getting the trailing arms on the car. Plenty to do - just not a whole lot of time.