Saturday, August 7, 2021

Evil is whatever distracts

The engine is installed.  I spent about an hour beating the shit out of the already mangled rear apron to make space for the muffler.  I had to make some BFH adjustments to the engine tin to get the J tubes on the back of the engine. 

I spent 20 minutes getting the transmission coupler cover back on the pan and properly seated under the nosecone seal. I rank it up there as one of the worst things to do on a Type 3.

The car should be real close to being able to fire up by the end of the day tomorrow but I'm trying to not to expect too much in case shit goes sideways.

I found another plating shop nearby - I'm going to drop the spring plates off on Monday and they should be done by the end of the week.

My new target is next weekend for the start up - and I may even be able to get this thing back on 4 tires again.

No comments:

Post a Comment