Thursday, April 28, 2016
The saga of the right rear wheel
The large o-ring that's supposed to be between the bearing and the backing plate was missing and the smaller o-ring was flat - two very likely reasons I had a leak on this side.
I took a Dremel and flattened the area where it broke off - I was thinking that I'd have to go the typical route of drilling into the broken bolt and using a left handed drill bit or removal tool.
I used the Dremel to make a cross on the surface to center the drill bit and as I started drilling, the piece started to rotate...so I got a slotted screwdriver and, basically, unscrewed it from the hole - slowly and carefully.
I received another set of spreader bars but I think they're too long because, once again, I can't get the drum back on until I put the old ones back on. New parts aren't the same unfortunately.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment