In the spirit of making changes that are reversible, I had a few challenges ahead of me. Namely, the large connectors that connect to the voltage regulator. I had a rough idea of what I wanted to accomplish so I found a tin coated copper bus bar on Amazon.com. I thought I could buy myself some time but it showed up two days later and I still didn't have a clue about how to solve my problem. I did, however, have part of the solution.
Overall, I think it turned out pretty nicely.
I've got a muffler/heat exchanger decision to make before the car is fired up again but that seems minor.
I did, however, notice that the left rear wheel bearing is leaking gear oil so I might have to take it apart and fix whatever is leaking before driving too far. I'll have to at least check the brake shoes for gear oil. I'm very tempted to swap to rear disc brakes to avoid this shit again...4 wheel disc brakes on this car is definitely overkill but I'm growing tired of fighting 50 year old technology for the sake of keeping it 'original' especially when there's little benefit.
Post a Comment