Saturday, July 11, 2015

Watching the snail move

Not much to report today.  I pulled down all of the torsion arms that I have for the two beams and discovered that I don't have two full sets of control arms AND that the lower arms that I have are in questionable condition.

I've asked around and one contact came back with the image of NOS but quite rusty upper arms.

I'm not convinced that this is the best I can do for the money so I'm going to wait until I receive a reply from three others before I shell out the cash.  I know where to get NOS lower arms but I'd like to get my hands on a complete set if possible.

In other news, I spent way too much time pulling old tie rod ends off of the actual tie rods today.  I then checked them for straightness (they're good) and put them in the 'to be powder coated' pile.

So, I can check 'tied rods' off of the list for the two upcoming beam builds.  I just have to get my hands on some decent control arms now.

The timing will be perfect if I can gather up the parts for a fall/winter build up.

No comments:

Post a Comment