I have a really nice later version of the hood latch - it's got one pivot point and the later versions are much easier to adjust and get working. I removed the original and dropped the newer one into place and got two of the three mount bolts in before I noticed that the screw that secures the hood pull wire is obscured under the top plate. I didn't want to cut the car, so I pulled it back out and screwed around with the original lock until I could get it to work. Took about an hour but I finally got it.
I swapped out the fuel pump to another style - it wasn't as easy to install and took some fiddling to get it installed but it's in there and working. I started the car and as I was backing out of the garage, it started pouring rain - so I pulled back into the garage.
Tomorrow - I will reset the carburetors, sync them and see if I can get LBI with the new fuel pump.
Next week, I'll be getting a fuel pressure regulator that'll be set to right around 2.5 GPM - I think a slightly lower fuel pressure will work better - Weber carburetors like lower pressure. And, because I sometimes like to 'learn' the hard way-I bought a replacement Malpassi Filter King because the previous one sat in a drawer for over three years and after deciding I didn't need it - I sold it a few months back. Experience and knowledge aren't the same thing.
Found new LED bulbs for the side markers - now all of the external lights are LED and they're nice and bright with great color. I'm very happy with the lighting.
Let's see what happens tomorrow...