The alignment needs to be set and the wheels need to be balanced. Other than that, things should be in decent shape once I get the engine to turn over...I've got a few ideas to execute before I throw my hands up in the air and admit defeat.
I ordered the missing parts to do my 12 volt conversion. I posted a question about the pushbutton assembly on The Samba and it appears that with very minor modification, the conversion should work just fine. I find that to be good news as I was under the impression that the pushbutton assembly wouldn't dig the conversion (although I'll admit I didn't really know why it couldn't work).
The ground issue is going to need some attention so I'm also going to start looking for the obvious issues first and hope I stumble across the problem more early on than late in the game, so to speak.
Received some parts in the mail yesterday:
- Good used reflector to replace the cracked one I have now.
- NOS 66/67 pop out window hinge (swap knob and voila! early hinge)
- NOS sun visor clips
- NOS silver beige finger cups
- Four headlight screws (for Euro buckets)
- Two late gaskets for the small heater box/muffler connection
- NOS seat cams
- Three NOS panel screw covers