Friday, April 6, 2018
Even salt looks like sugar
I did get a few things done and I'm looking forward to getting the front end back on the ground (maybe next week?).
The shop that I use does really nice work but they're horribly slow - and the lead time they provide progresses slowly into 'wild guess' area of accuracy. They used to be off by a few days but it's now nearing a process akin to throwing a dart at the wall and then communicating a completely different number.
I may install everything except the steering bits to get the height straightened out before concerning myself with installing this thing. There's plenty to do before I get too excited about this, honestly.
Next step is to put the brake rotors back together with newly packed bearings.
I'm fairly confident that I'm going to have to reindex the rear spring plates to correct the camber issue and hopefully steady the driving dynamic.
I am less confident that I'll get to address the door windows before the move, however...who knows, I've got about 6 weeks left - maybe I'll pull that rabbit out of my ass too.