Friday, July 6, 2018
The night's just long enough for me to build it all and let it fall apart
I was able to cheat slightly - my kid wanted to build something and it was just too perfect so we cut all of the pieces and built a large part of the cart the previous evening.
All I had to do today was install the caster wheels and figure out how to get the body on it without destroying my back or having the car fall on me. When you have to do stuff solo, you get creative...sparing any incriminating details, the body made it on the cart, I'm fine and there are no pictures of the process.
Next step was to remove everything from the pan, bag and tag it and get it ready for transport. I spent the better part of an hour scraping all of the tar board off of the pan and tunnel, removing heater system cables and all of the remaining brake lines and related grommets.
I took several pictures of the bottom of the pan but, for some reason, none of the top side. It's also at this time that I realized that I forgot to remove the shift rod - so that's going to have to come out before it goes off for work.
Full pans it is...now I have to decide if I'm reinstalling jack points and then find some.
I've now got the weekend to relax and figure out what the next steps will be going forward.