Tuesday, November 21, 2017
LED headlights are finished
This is the unmodified P45t adapter before I shaved off some of the side bit to make this contraption work.
The first modification was done using a 4" grinder - it got the part hot and did more melting than grinding.
When I modified the second one today - I used a bastard file - much faster, cleaner and straighter.
Another up side is that I get to keep the city lights in the 3 bolt headlights.
Toward the effort, I was able to get the carburetors mostly installed. I cannot get to the two inner nuts on the 3/4 side to properly tighten them. These Webers are larger in body than the AA clones. I'll have to find a curved wrench before I can finish the install. I tried to make my own from a cheap 13mm box wrench but my torch doesn't get hot enough and I just broke the wrench. Once that wrench arrives, I'll be able to finish up the installation...maybe while everyone is wiped out from Black Friday shopping, I'll be able to go out and drive around a bit.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
It was a very good post indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch time. Will surely come and visit this blog more often. Thanks for sharing. Jeep Wrangler HeadlightsReplyDelete