I was able to turn it over and get the car started but it runs real rough and backfires a bit. Given that I know jack shit about carb tuning, I've got a lot to learn so that I can get these running right. I had a phone conversation with the engine builder today about some things to check/adjust first. I also found a 'carb set up' guide that I'm going to refer to when I make an attempt on Friday.
So far, the only modification I know I'll have to make is remove and trim the air cleaner studs - they're too long for the RamFlo filters. I'm going to wait until I've got everything dialed in before I do that though.
I took a very short video of the initial start up - it's below. I'm getting closer!